1. How do you promote your blog?
- I have a Facebook ad campaign
- I comment on other blogs (not only for my link, but because it’s important to participate in the blogging community)
- I actively use Twitter and Facebook
- I have link exchanges with other bloggers- which really helps
- I’m involved with local fashion events
2. In your experience what has been the most effective form of self promotion?
Hands down it has been link exchanges. It makes sense, think about, don’t you see what other blogs your favorite blogger likes?
3. Do you think there is a wrong way to promote yourself and your blog?
YES! No one likes to get a comment from some new blogger just saying “cute outfit” and a link to their site. Especially when they never comment again and you know they just commented the first time to get you to visit their blog. There’s a difference between a loyal reader commenting “cute outfit” every now and then and someone who only comments on your blog once.
4. When it comes to others pushing their product what annoys you?
I hate when you get a press release or an email and the writer doesn’t even bother to address you by name! My favorite is “dear blogger.” It’s so rude!
5. In Dressful’s post on this topic earlier in the week she said, “It’s impossible to respect someone who wants all the attention, but adds nothing worthwhile to the conversation.” Do you agree?
Yes, very much so. If you are a new blogger than the rest of the community is already going to be skeptical of you. Most blogs don’t make it past 2-3 months, let alone a year. If you’re going around commenting silly things on every blog and never commenting again, we know what you’re doing. They’re just wasting their time.
What do you guys think? Do you get comments like that, too? Let me know! Leave a comment!
© 2010, ChiqueChic. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.