“Chocolate Makes Life Bearable”
1. Do you allow comments on your blog? Why or why not?
Yes! I absolutely love when I get comments! It makes my day!
2. Do you think at times people leave comments that are insincere or not well thought out? (like the ones who write two words and just seem to be trying to comment on as many blogs as possible.)
I mean yeah, I don’t think anyone likes getting a comment that could easily pass for spam. I don’t want to come across as ungrateful, but it definitely feels better when you get a sincere comment.
3. Would you ever leave a comment that could be considered negative?
No! I’m one of those people that would rather not comment at all than leave something that could be interpreted wrong. People can’t tell you were being sarcastic or joking. If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all!
4. Most people claim to like constructive criticism. Do you really and how do you offer that kind of criticism to others?
Do I like it? No. Do I appreciate it? Yes. I don’t like to get my pride hurt, but I definitely try to take what people say and adjust it to fit me. Sometimes I will poll my friends and see what they think. I’m about as terrible at giving constructive criticism as I am receiving it.
5. Some bloggers don’t allow comments in order to cut down on negativity. Do you think that is the way to go or are there other ways to deal with the negative vibes?
I can see why some bloggers don’t allow comments. There’s no room for inflection on the internet and things can be taken wrong. Of course, I think a lot of the time the person writing the snarky things meant them to be negative. There are a lot of trolls out there who seem to think the internet is the place to vent their frustrations and jealousy. If you dislike something so much, why do you keep reading that person’s blog? I really don’t see another way to stop it. I’ve seen bloggers try to regulate comments with “rules” but you can’t really enforce that. I guess the only solution is to grow some thicker skin.
© 2010, ChiqueChic. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.