1. Do you pay attention to the shows during fashion week? Which designers collections are you looking forward to seeing?
Yes! Of course I do! I wish I could attend in person, but a week in New York City with hotel and food is a lot more than I can afford right now. I’m looking forward to seeing Marc Jacobs because I feel like he’s the epitome of NY Fashion Week. I’m also really looking forward to BCBGMAXAZRIA and Diane Von Furstenberg.
2. Where are you getting your Fashion Week news from?
I’m really excited that a lot of designers are embracing technology and offering live feeds so I’m going to try and catch as many of those as I can. Unfortunately NYC is 3 hours ahead of California so catching some live feeds would mean I would have to get up before the sun here. Style.com is great resource to see just pictures from the shows, however.
3. Over the years the runway has become more than just models displaying the creations of a designer. They are now spectacles. Do you think that adds or detracts from the fashion?
I think it definitely adds! When I watch runway shows I feel like I’ve stepped in to this magical world and it’s this amazing feeling. I’m glad shows have progressed from models walking down stairs in a room with people feeling the fabric and inspecting the pieces. It takes all of the magic out.
4. Twice a year, as models begin to strut the catwalk we see articles about model size and body image. Do you think the super thin models are offering an unattainable goal to the public or are we immune to their looks?
I think that depends on the person. Most of my friends think more athletic bodies are attractive, whereas I think prima ballerinas and super models have the best body types. Although, I don’t think I strive to have my bones sticking out. I aim for a more healthy version.
5. If you could sit front row at any show what would you want to see? And which celebrity would you want to be sitting next to?
I would die to sit at a Chanel runway show. My life would be complete after that for sure. I would love to sit next to Ashley Tisdale. If you read my blog regularly that shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise, though. I think she has amazing style and she’s an all around good person.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy Fashion Week!
© 2010, ChiqueChic. All rights reserved. On republishing this post you must provide link to original post.